Volunteers are an integral part of CMS activity, with many projects such as Health Walks sustained predominantly by volunteers. The time, experience, knowledge and skills that volunteers offer in support of CMS’s work is highly valued by staff.
We offer a range of voluntary opportunities, encouraging people to get involved in looking after their local countryside or park. We also promote outdoor recreation through organising events and working with groups to develop walk and cycle routes to link towns and villages to their surrounding countryside.
If you would like to join our team of nearly 200 volunteers, read on to find out how you could get involved. No experience is needed and all are welcome!
- …enjoy the countryside? Would you like to do more to look after it? Are you looking for an opportunity to keep fit, meet new people, get out in the fresh air and learn new skills? Then practical conservation volunteering may be for you.
o Weekday Practical Conservation Volunteers
o Wood Wardens
- ...want to help Hertfordshire’s wildlife but don’t fancy working outdoors? Are you keen to use your practical skills or gain experience for your CV? You could become our Volunteer Workshop Manager
- …have a local greenspace that you would like to look after? Are you interested in starting an action group that can work to improve the site for wildlife and visitors? CMS can help set up your Friends Group, provide you with the tools and training to get the work done, and support your Group as it develops.
- ...enjoy Health Walks and like to be more involved? Would you like to do more to support the scheme? You could be a Health Walk Leader, or support the programme by becoming one of our highly valued Administration Volunteers
- …live near a promoted footpath that you are interested in monitoring? You could become a Footpath Friend
- …love trees and woods and want to get involved in practical projects and encourage local support? Then have a look at our Tree Warden pages.
- … feel concerned about the maintenance and improvements to your local Public Rights of Way? Why not join your local Parish Paths Partnership (P3) Group and make your voice heard with regards to improvement works.
- … want your business to take part in some Corporate Voluntary Work? CMS could help with a one off event or a longer term commitment such as working within a local woodland as part of a Corporate Strategy and Social Responsibility objective.