The Countryside Management Service (CMS) offers opportunities for individuals, groups and businesses to get involved in projects to improve the environment in Hertfordshire. This opportunity will support a company’s corporate responsibility targets.
When and where?
Most of the activities that we offer to groups are able to offer fall between the months of October and March as most habitat management work takes place outside of the bird-nesting season. So, whilst we will try to find a suitable project to match needs, due to the nature of the work and seasonal restrictions this will not always be possible. However, depending on the requirements and skills available, it may be possible to devise other projects and programmes of activity.
In order to cover costs incurred in planning and supervising a specific group event, we will need to make a charge for the day. Charges will depend upon the project and the number of volunteers attending, but would usually be in the region of £500 - £1000. Some projects may also incur additional costs for the supply of necessary materials and any preparatory works. (We are not able to provide on-site lavatory facilities).
Charges will cover:
- Planning and preparation of the project/activity
- Provision of an activity supervisor/supervisors (dependent upon numbers)
- Full First Aid cover
- All necessary Health and Safety provision including Risk Assessments
- Cover under Hertfordshire County Council’s All Risks Insurance Policy which includes Public Liability and Personal Accident (age restrictions may apply)
- All tools, materials and training necessary to complete your activity
- Tea, coffee and biscuits
To find out whether CMS can help you, please Contact us.